5 Long Weekend Getaways from Pune
While there is so much to do and see in Pune, sometimes the city boundaries just don’t cut it. Imagine driving down the peaceful roads while the stroke of the soft wind and relaxing music in the background soothe your mind while you lose yourself in the panoramic landscapes. How beautiful, right? If you are craving a long weekend getaway with your loved ones or you want to experience nature’s magnificence at its best, different breathtaking places near Pune await you.
Goa, the smallest state in India, packs a punch with its stunning beaches, vibrant culture, and delicious food. Whether you’re looking to soak up the sun on the beaches of Anjuna and Baga or explore the historic churches of Old Goa, there’s something for everyone in this tropical paradise.
Enjoy a relaxed day at a beach shack, sip on some feni, and dance the night away at one of the many parties in this coastal haven. Goa truly is a perfect blend of relaxation and adventure!
How to reach : Bask in the peacefulness of the journey as you travel to the land of sun, sand, and sea. Booking your Pune to Goa bus tickets is not only an economical option, but also an opportunity to soak in the sights and sounds of the journey, making your trip to Goa even more memorable.
So without wasting any more time, let us get straight to some breathtaking long weekend getaways near Pune that will leave you mesmerised with its stunning natural beauty.
- Savour juicy strawberries at Mahabaleshwar
The popular berry farming hub in India, Mahabaleshwar, always tops the list of the perfect long weekend getaway destination near Pune. Gushing rivers, rugged peaks, exquisite cascades, and the production of juicy strawberries, blueberries, mulberries, and raspberries make Mahabaleshwar a prominent tourist place in India.
So if you love to spend some peaceful time in nature, walking through the lush green forests, serene waterfalls, and hill valleys, Mahabaleshwar must be your go-to destination.
- How to reach: Many local buses run from Pune to Mahabaleshwar daily. You can also book one of the best rated cabs from Pune to Mahabaleshwar for a comfortable commute.
- Popular activities: Trekking, rock climbing, horse riding, picking strawberries, shopping, boating, and sightseeing
- Witness serenity at Lavasa
With long, never-ending roads, lovely waterfalls, and dense greenery, Lavasa undoubtedly makes for the perfect weekend getaway near Pune. The majestic sights of the waterfalls and small hills will let you unwind and put your soul at ease.
Apart from being one with nature, you can indulge in activities like hiking, trekking, or camping near the refreshing Thoseghar Waterfalls.
- How to reach: The best way to reach Lavasa from Pune is by hiring a cab or taking a bus where you can enjoy your journey on the peaceful roads snuggled amidst picturesque landscapes.
- Popular activities: Rappelling, nature walks, rock climbing, picnic, shopping
- Enjoy scenic trekking trails at Bhandardara
A popular trekking trail, Bhandardara is unquestionably a hidden treasure near Pune. The majestic views of the mountains and exhilarating trails will soothe your mind and put your soul in a state of ecstatic stagnation. Moreover, the delightful weather will add more charm to your trekking expedition, making your trip a memorable one.
- How to reach: Take a train to Igapuri, 45 km from Bhandardara and then hire a taxi service.
- Popular activities: Trekking, sightseeing, and adventure activities
- Spend some peaceful time at Alibaug
A surreal coastal town in the Konkan region of Maharashtra, Alibaug is popularly known as ‘mini Goa’. With its picturesque beaches and laid-back culture, this place draws the attention of many tourists who visit this place every year. The cool sea breeze, golden and clean beaches, surreal forts and temples, and endless adventure activities at Alibaug are other attractions that will blow your mind!
- How to reach: You can hire a taxi service from Pune to reach Alibaug.
- Popular attractions: Paragliding, hot air balloon ride, sightseeing
- Take some fresh air at Matheran
If you are tired of the constant hustle and bustle of Pune city, Matheran is one of the best weekend getaways. The lush surroundings, pleasant weather, and serene setting will give you ample opportunities to enjoy your time in the most scenic landscapes.
- How to reach: You can take the Sahyadri Express train from Pune to Neral and go to Matheran by road.
- Popular attractions: Horse riding, night camping, water rappelling, trekking
Are you ready for a fun-filled long weekend getaway from Pune? So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags, book a Pune car hire service with a local, experienced driver and get going.